Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mother figures....

     I had not noticed that my little girl had wandered in the room as I finished a phone conversation with one of my best friends. My friend Val is old enough to be my mother. Isn't it funny how with the right chemistry age is just a number? My dear friend has worked hard her entire life and is on the cusp of a exciting new adventure...this of course would mean she would be moving far away. This is a person who has literally changed me. In being her friend I have evolved and have abilities I did not have prior to our friendship. Not to mention the mad cooking skills I have acquired! It will be hard to see her go.

    My little lady! So sweet and smart for her tender age. "I'm sorry mamma." We then began talking about our "other mothers" the ladies who have entered our lives and with their kind loving guidance shown us things we may have not seen without them. There is of course no replacing the original...moms are one of a kind and in the eyes of their children like no other.

   As I listened to her talk about her Cathy and her Tami I realized how very grateful I was to the women in my daughters life. How special their presence is to her as she grows into a undoubtedly wonderful young lady. How grateful I was more than once to be taken under the wing of a wise and caring mentor....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...