Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Get on your comfy pants!

Its time for comfort food! What better to soothe your frazzles than a gooey cheesy, spicy mac and cheese:)

1 1/2 c. cooked elbow macaroni  (I love the jumbo size!)
1/4 c. salted butter
3 T. onion, finely chopped
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded or cubed
1 1/2 c. hot pepper jack cheese shredded or cubed
1 can diced chillies
paprika
1/2 tsp cornstarch

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. In medium saucepan melt butter. Add onions, chillies, salt and pepper and saute until tender. Blend in flour and cornstarch cook over low heat stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Boil one minute and remove from heat. Add cheeses. Stir into cooked macaroni. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about ten minutes and then enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow my husband would like that! Thanks for linking finally. I've got 4. That's the most ever for this linky. I think it was too obscure before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried spicy mac and cheese. Looks like something my husband would love. I actually made mac and cheese (from the box) today and made the mistake of adding a can of tune.

    I thought I'd make it more healthy. All it did was ruin a good meal. My two year old actually cried when her favorite meal wasn't the way she liked it. That's my bad mommy moment. Never again. Your however looks super yummy.

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...