Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Of nursing pads and granny panties...



Getting my bod back after baby K...

    In under two months and counting down, and after nearly two years of being body snatched I will soon be my own again! First were the nine months of pregnancy. Then the choice to nurse. The choice to nurse up to the year mark has been a daily on the fence straddle...The realization that the one year mark is right around the corner has been bittersweet and a bit intimidating.

    How does one begin this very personal transition? Some days I want to throw my hands up and be through that very second! Dancing around the burning pile of nursing bras! Other days and especially at night when sweet sleep is one feeding away I cannot fathom how the complete task of weaning is to be accomplished...

Then there are the emotions of an inexplicable bond you form...

    But I am ready. We are ready. Baby K is a very special baby. The first child my husband and I share together and the last child to born into our family. Knowing she is my last I have felt the need to experience all the facets of motherhood I was denied with my first child who is now eight. In some regards it was easier the first time. In some regards it is easier this time...

But I am ready...

    We are ready to transition into the realm of toddler. We watch with excited eyes and pounding hearts as she stands on her wobbly little feet and raises her arms high above her head little three toothed drooly smile...

    It will be nice to have my body back to its original owner. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the P.I.N.K method and ready to reclaim my shape...

It is my heart that will never belong to me again!

8 comments:

  1. I so love to read your posts....Your an amazing mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am beginning to tackle this now. My youngest is three. Think it's about time?

    You’ve been selected to be thisweek’s Fine Feathered Friend and guest host for the 1/25 Flock Together Tuesday Blog Hop! I very much appreciate your continued support of the hop. The blog hop will beposted on 1/24 at 6 p.m.

    After you check it out, please write and publish a post on your blog announcing that you've been chosen. You can even publish theblog hop on your blog if you like. I look forward to hopping wth you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikki! I am so honored to be chosen! I can't wait for Tuesday:) I enjoy your blog and your story so much! Sincere thanks!

      Delete
  3. Found your blog on MBC. I am now a follower. Check my blog out at http://yabbadhabidooooo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Camels! Thanks for stopping by! I am now a proud follower!

      Delete
  4. Before we had our daughter 7.5 months ago, I never realized how my body and heart would never be the same. (Right now I'm working on the body part.) Glad I found your blog from the blog hop. You can find me at www.lucasandmahina.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My advice is to wean gradually. MUCH easier on the boobs!! Start by cutting out one feeding at time and eventually you will be done without the huge painful boobies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...