Thursday, December 15, 2011

My love of felt continues...

     So as you know I have been working and figuring my way with felt out... My Christmas presents this year consist of knock off pillows I spied with my mom at Gardner Village this fall. I have been cutting and gluing felt since October! Finally my vision comes to fruition! I found these white pillow forms at Wal Mart for under $7.00! It was cheaper and less time consuming to buy the pillow forms and dye them. So here we go!
     I started with RIT pearl grey fabric dye.  I pulled out the guts of three pillows...can you believe three little pillows had this much fluff?!
 Preparing my water bath...
     EEK! Holding my breath! Yes, that is burlap soaking with my pillowcases! Wait till you see what I have in mind for family pictures!!
 Rinsed, washed, and dried they turned out perfect!
     So I was wondering what if you could change up your pillow deco? I applied Velcro tabs to my felt flowers....

 Played around a bit....

 Some of my favorites!

    I applied four Velcro tabs and then included four different flowers so the appearance could be changed up and fun!

Any orders! I love them!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...