Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never forget....

    Isn't it amazing how time flies? How the tragedy of 911 still feels like it was yesterday yet according to the calendar it has been ten years. Ten years! The power of pain that still brings tears to your eyes after all this time. The pain of empathy as you search the faces in a sea of heartbreak. They say you will never forget where you were and it is true...

    Yesterday as we entered the firehouse and my dad greeted us with warm plates loaded with pancakes and eggs I felt a sense of pride. I did not know those fireman on 911 but I know these guys. Not all personally and some not even by name. I am proud of my father and he is a hero in more ways than one. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...