Friday, January 24, 2014

heart songs...


    

    Wednesday I had a good laugh, a few actually! My ten year old baby sat next to me wiggling uncomfortably in her seat. Cheeks red with embarrassment. Poor thing! I giggled and wrapped my arms around this beautiful girl who is fast becoming a young lady. Maturation will do that to a pre teen! A first for both of us I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Sigh! I feel like I say this every post, "Where does the time go!"

    What does maturation have to do with a bedroom canopy? Not a thing! Last summer she started pestering us to redo her bedroom. We agreed. On the condition she chose colors and decor she could live with for a good long while. Over Christmas break while away with her grandparents, we worked like slaves to pull off the ultimate "big girl" room. I will never forget the teary little blue eyes that took it all in. 

    I've known her from the moment of conception, the two of us have been through so much together. I remember just trying to survive and make it from one day to the next. It was her and I against the world for a long time. Being a part of her journey is heaven sent. Sitting beside her Wednesday I couldn't help but marvel at who she is. This kid has been through so much. I know she will conquer the world! I know I need to be the best me I can be. A role model and parent she can rely on. I'm not perfect, far from it....
    
     So anyway an amazing afternoon led to an amazing evening! My little girl is growing up! Every big girl needs a canopy;)

1 comment:

  1. Choosing the right one for your business means considering all of the factors that will affect the corporate needs of the company. Large businesses will have different needs than small Business Phone Service

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...