Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Avocado dressing


  A few days ago as I ran numerous errands I passed Cafe Rio and was instantly hit with a sweet pork salad craving! Of course my hard earned money had other places to go....

   So I picked up a side of pork ribs while at the store, but forgot tomatillos for dressing! Yesterday as my mouth watered over the aroma wafting from the crock pot I was scratching my head! I pan fried corn tortilla's to top yummy pork salads but still just needed that unique taste!

    Not in a big rush to head out to the store I looked around the kitchen. Avocado's! Surely you must be able to create something with these green gems! I did a little searching...

    This is the Paula Dean version with of course a few of my own tweaks!

1 large peeled and pitted avocado
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup light miracle whip
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/2 Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup minced onion
2 cloves pressed garlic
1 t salt
1 T taco seasoning mix

    I used my Magic bullet which is perfect for ventures such as these, but a food processor works too! Puree avocado and lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth!

    Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...