My family was delighted when we learned we would be receiving free ice cream! As a Mom Central blogger I am happy to participate in the Dreyer's Slow Churned blog tour!
We had not tried the Slow Churned ice cream and were pleasantly surprised to find a wide variety of flavors to chose from! More than 20 iconic choices! Dreyer's Slow Churned ice cream is made with the same quality ingredients as regular ice cream, but through a slow proprietary process the same creamy taste is created with half the fat and one third the calories!
Peanut butter cup was our choice! It was delicious! It tasted just like regular ice cream! I felt good about serving my family Dreyer's Slow Churned ice cream as a "better for you" alternative! The comparisons speak for themselves! One serving of Dreyer's Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream is 120 calories and 4.5 grams of fat, compared to 150 calories and 8 grams of fat in Dreyer's regular Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream!
This summer, TV personality, actress and model Brooke Burke has partnered with Dreyer's® Slow Churned Light Ice Cream to give away more than 25,000 free scoops of ice cream…turning scoops into smiles!
Support with a Smile:
• For every “ice cream smile” photo uploaded to Dreyer's Facebook page $5 will be donated to Operation Smile, an international children’s medical charity.
• The goal is to give away more than 25,000 scoops of ice cream, capture 25,000 photos of ice cream smiles before summer’s end.
• These efforts will help deliver more than 500 reconstructive surgeries to children around the globe suffering from cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities.
• Of the photos submitted, ten lucky smiles will be featured in a Dreyer’s Slow Churned print ad.
• One lucky picture will win a coveted spot on the cartons of a Slow Churned limited-edition ﬂavor, being re-introduced to store shelves in early 2013.
Ready to Scream for Free Ice Cream?
The campaign kicked off June 6 with Brooke Burke handing out the ﬁrst scoop of ice cream at The Grove in Los Angeles. From there, the Reason to Smile team (and the Slow Churned photo booth) travels to:
• August 2: The Slow Churned SocialLuxe Lounge, New York, NY
• August 10—12: Denver County Fair, Denver, CO
Can’t make it to an event? Log on to Facebook.com/Dreyer'sIceCream to receive a full-value product coupon, redeemable at all participating retail accounts and upload a smile to support the cause!
Upload your smiles! We did!
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Dreyer’s / Edy’s. I received a coupon to purchase product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”