Monday, November 14, 2011

The projects that just keep giving...

     The possibilities are truly endless! I am so grateful for all the felt flower tutorials that have given me my start into what I am honestly having a little bit too much fun with! Again I have to be careful as to not spoil the Christmas fun!

    My pillows look fabulous and I am so excited I can't stand it! I was pondering over what to put into my flower top baby jar...

 Barrettes of course! First I started with a small felt dot. Then cut my felt into strips...
 Because I want them to fit nicely (not squashed) into my jar I made a template of sorts by tracing the baby jar lid. Place your dot in the center as this will be your guide size....
 Cut your felt into small petal size strips. Loop over and glue! Be careful to only apply a dot! Too much hot glue on dark felt makes an unsightly mess!
 Continue in a circular motion in any color or pattern your little heart desires...

 Attach a bobby pin or barrette form to the back and you my friends are in business!
 For the purple barrette I cut the loops in half at an angle to create a different look from the same pattern:))
There are so many fun patterns of felt! Colors galore! Look around! Have fun! I also found these little canvas purses on sale at my local craft store that look awesome with felt flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...