Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Black Friday...


    Last Thanksgiving I was nearly six months pregnant. My hubby and I were on our own to enjoy the last quiet Thanksgiving we would have for awhile. I slaved the day away cooking the perfect little romantic feast! It was wonderful! Sitting down to snuggle on the couch after gorging ourselves I suddenly got a second wind.....  and the brilliant idea that we should participate in the evening of midnight madness.  It seemed harmless some stores beginning their sales at ten with the major items to go at midnight. We could just quickly go look around! Maybe find the perfect little gifts? Surprisingly enough I only had to do a little begging to get  the consent of my sweetheart...

     Arriving a little after eleven we thought we would be so smart arriving in the middle the sight before us was adrenaline pumping! Wild eyed and ready for snatching their intended purchases at all costs, the crowd was insane! Lines were formed around each department a mile wide and people were getting snarky!

    After making the rounds we finally settled into the toy crowd and waited....

    At midnight exactly... not one second sooner or later it began! My eye quickly caught sight of the littlest pet shops that my kids adore...unfortunately so did one hundred other mothers! I darted down quickly protecting my little belly and blindly started grabbing and tossing into our cart. Rising above the crowd victorious! Arms raised above my head the coveted toy in hands! I scanned the chaos for my husband, our wild eyes met...

  And so this continued until we had a full cart. Not caring what we were grabbing...just grabbing! We later found a quiet aisle...(groceries:)  and started sorting through the mess keeping what we wanted and placing the "not so much" items behind the Velveeta.

    Then we proudly made our way to the checkout counter where we waited...and waited...and waited! The total we racked up surprised us both...weren't we supposed to be receiving great deals?  I was utterly exhausted! Christmas shopping done, but exhausted!

  So  suffice it to say this Friday morning I will be snug in my bed warm and cozy! Those of  you who love this tradition are brave souls and truly good luck to you!

Happy tomorrow is Turkey day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...