Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jean Quilt

I have been wanting to make a jean quilt for as long as I can remember. I have always kept jeans and planned to do it but never have for a good twelve years! I'm kicking myself now because I got sick of so many sitting around that I DI-ed most of them. The other day I finally sat myself down and started. No better time than the present! I am so happy with my progress and I have had so much fun. Here is the first pair of my Husband's jeans on the chopping block...He thought for sure I was taking his good pants so I had to point out why he couldn't wear them anymore with all of the holes and things. : D He was very good about it. : DI had an epiphany one night as we were going to bed and decided that I would embroider on some of the squares that didn't have seams or pockets and such. I want to do some hearts as shown below...

I want to spell our names and the year that we were married. I didn't want to leave the baby out so I was going to put her name too but realized that future kids would feel a little left out of the family picnic blanket. So I am leaving enough blank ones to put each child's name in one square of their own, but then making each child their own blanket with their name on it. I'll start with ours and see how far I get! : D Progress pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. Gonna be soo cute Mal:) Hey good to see ya posting;) XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...